The Nutritional Exam
Our in-office nutritional examination includes the following procedures:
- One-on-one consultation with the doctor
- Symptom Survey: We use a questionnaire covering 224 common symptoms in 15 functional groups to determine what systems of the body are in need of nutritional support
- Nutritional examination: The examination uses common tests to determine functional status of digestion, pH, mineral or fatty acid deficiency, and adrenal gland status. Kinesiological testing using acupuncuture alarm points, meridians, neurovascular and neurolymphatic reflexes to determine system weaknesses and appropriate nutritional support.
- Laboratory testing: In select cases we will use blood testing, saliva testing, stool specimens, or hair analysis. These tests are performed in the office or at home except for the actual blood draws which are done at a local laboratory.
- Doctor’s report: After the examination and lab results have all been completed you will sit down with the doctor and find out about your results and any recommended lifestyle modifications and nutritional protocols.
- Follow-up exams: Your progress will be monitored by periodic additional Symptom Surveys and Nutritional Exams. Follow-up lab work may also be done.